Data Collection & Usage
What data is collected?
- Account holders: Name, email, a hashed version of your password, and associated Stripe customer data (when applicable) are stored in association with your account. The date of your account creation is also stored, and the status of your subscription is synced with Stripe (when applicable).
- External data: The following external data is used in association with your account.
- Financial Services: Financial data, such as credit card data, is collected and held by Stripe, Inc. on behalf of Anne Dorko. Relevant non-financial information, such as Stripe customer IDs and active subscriptions, may be attached to your account.
- Newsletter Services: Detecting subscription status to relevant email newsletters run by Anne Dorko on ConvertKit.
- Social Media: If available, connecting your Dorko.tv account to external social media services (such as Twitch, Discord, or TikTok) is opt-in and made available to provide additional perks such as user flair.
- Analytics: Creating a Dorko.tv account is voluntary and optional. No personally identifiable data is collected from non-account holders or logged-out visitors. Self-hosted, tracker free web analytics running on the Plausible framework may be active.
Please notice that all personally identifiable data collected and stored is opt-in and consent based.
How is your data used?
Account data is collected in order to:
- Process your fees and manage your account.
- Automatically renew your subscriptions until cancelled.
- Offer convenient access to update, upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your account at any time.
- Send transactional emails, such as on account registration information and to send password reset links.
- Offer convenient access to subscribe or unsubscribe from additional emails.
Aggregate website visitor analytics are used to ensure this site is equipped to handle appropriate levels of traffic and to generally improve the site’s content and user experience. At no time are these visitor analytics connected to individual user accounts.
This site explicity does not use invasive tracking scripts, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, or similar tools.
With which third parties is your data shared?
When creating a Dorko.tv account you agree to have your data shared with and from these partner companies:
- Stripe, Inc.
- ConvertKit LLC
While logged in, your email may be used to detect whether you have an active subscription to our marketing emails. This data is sent and received via the ConvertKit API. You will not be automatically subscribed as these emails are opt-in. If you choose to subscribe, you can then unsubscribe at any time.
If connecting your Dorko.tv account to additional services, you are offering consent-based access as dictated by the terms provided when opting in to use these services in correlation with your Dorko.tv account.
What happens when you leave a comment?
Currently, only registered users can leave comments. The comment data collected in the form is stored, along with the time the comment was left and on which content it was commented on. Comments are stored indefinitely in association with your account.
What happens when content is embedded from other websites?
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if you had visited the other website. Due to this behavior, embeds are prevented from loading until you opt in to view their contents on a case-by-case basis.
You can expect to see links to and embeds from Spotify, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Twitch, and Instagram. This is not intended to serve as a comprehensive list.
How is your data stored?
Your data is stored on a Virtual Private Server located in San Francisco hosted by DigitalOcean with security firewalls and password-protected content management systems in place. User authentication by an administrator or the account holder is required to view or modify user account data. As only relevant account data is stored, your information is stored indefinitely until you request it to be deleted. Personally identifiable data not associated with your account is neither collected or stored.
What are your data protection rights?
Please be aware of your data protection rights:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. You may be charged a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that inaccurate data be corrected, or incomplete data made complete.
- The right to easure: You have the right to request that your personal data be erased, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that your personal data be restricted, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to request that your personal data no longer be processed, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that your personal data be transfered to another organization, under certain conditions.
If you make such a request, we have one month to respond to you. To exercise these rights, please contact us at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What cookies does this site use?
How can we be contacted?